Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

5 Months

James is five months old! I can't believe it! This past month went by super fast!! He's going to be 1 before I know it! He keeps getting cuter and cuter every single day. Here's his update!

Size
In my very unscientific way, I weighed him in at around 14 lbs... but I don't think that's really accurate. We'll just have to wait to see what the doctor says next month. Same with his length. He is wearing all sorts of different sized clothing. Some 0-3 months, some 3-6 months, some 6 months. Heck he even wears 9 month pajamas sometimes! He is in size 3 diapers still and hopefully will be for awhile. I love this long skinny boy!

Sleeping
James' sleeping patterns are the worst! He goes to bed around 10:30 every night and then heaven knows what will happen during the night! For the most part he will wake up once and has to be rocked back to sleep and then he'll wake up sometime between 4 and 6 to eat. Sometimes he'll go back to sleep and sometimes he won't. And naps are almost nonexistent. He'll take quick little 30 minute naps throughout the day. Or sometimes they'll be 5 minutes... you never really know. He did take a 2 hour nap the other day. That totally freaked me out! It has never happened. We thought about trying some sleep training, but I couldn't handle the crying so I stopped. I guess if I'm really desperate we can try again. As my sister in law always tells me: You can't spoil a baby!

Eating
Still breastfeeding! And supplementing with formula every now and then. Or if we are away from home he will have formula as well. We started him on rice cereal. The first time he had no idea what was happening, but after that he totally had the swallowing thing down. But he doesn't really like it so we usually only get about 3-4 spoonfuls in before he refuses to eat anymore. 

Likes
ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle are still the best songs ever!
Rolling on the ground all over the room
Playing with mommy, daddy, grandma, and grandpa
Eating everything
Clapping

Dislikes
Baths--although the last 2 times he hasn't cried so he might be getting over his fear of the water!
Being alone (especially in the car)
Being hungry
When Daddy tickles Mommy

I love this sweet baby boy so much! I am so grateful that I get to be his Mommy and see him grow and learn so much. Here's to many more incredible months!

 5 Months!

 He loves his Jumperoo!

 His favorite toy on the Jumperoo

So stinking cute in his pajamas!

 Trying to watch TV

 Always playing with his binky

 Cowabunga Bay

Sleeping

Found his binky and put it in his mouth the right way!

 Love eating my toes

 Pants on my head

 He wants the phone

 Snuggles with grandma

Started on the blanket... He's going mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment